This is a set of 9 NEW 1/2" x 8" long head bolts and washers for IH D166 D188 D236 D282 and D301 engines in IH - Farmall Tractor models:
These bolts have the following specifications. These bolts are 8" long rather than the original 7 3/4" so a special hard thick washer included must be used with these bolts along with the original washers. These are the best replacement head bolts for D188 ,D236, D282, and D301 engines that I have found. I have been using them in my shop for the past 8 years with excellent results.
IH D282 and D236 engines had either 9 long and 5 short head bolts or 7 long and 7 short head bolts. For less confusion and ordering convenience this sale is for 9 long bolts. You may not need 2 bolts depending on your engine.
- 20% stronger than Grade 8
- Minimum 180,000 PSI tensile strength
- Fatigue/vibration-resistant UNJ thread design
- Exceeds SAE, ASTM and Military Grade 8 strength requirements
- 20% higher-than-normal wrenching surface for increased safety and even distribution of torque forces
- Heat-treated, quenched and tempered
- Perma Plated for superior corrosion protection
- Proprietary head marking for improved traceability
I also have the shorter head bolts listed.