This is a set of long and short head bolts for for IH D166, D188, D236, D282, and D301 engines in IH Farmall Tractor models:
- Long Head Bolts (with washers): These bolts are 8" long rather than the original 7 3/4", so a special hard thick washer (included) must be used with these bolts along with the original washers.
- Short Head Bolts: 6" long
The D282 and D236 engines had either 7 short /7 long head bolts or 5 short/9 long head bolts.
If you're not sure yet which you'll need, you can cover your bases and get 7 short/9 long (and then you'll either have 2 long bolts or 2 short bolts left over).
- Kit A: 7 short/7 long
- Kit B: 5 short/9 long
- Kit CYA: 7 short/9 long
- 20% stronger than Grade 8
- Minimum 180,000 PSI tensile strength
- Fatigue/vibration-resistant UNJ thread design
- Exceeds SAE, ASTM and Military Grade 8 strength requirements
- 20% higher-than-normal wrenching surface for increased safety and even distribution of torque forces
- Heat-treated, quenched and tempered
- Perma Plated for superior corrosion protection
- Proprietary head marking for improved traceability
These are the best replacement head bolts for D188 ,D236, D282, and D301 engines that I have found. I have been using them in my shop for the past 8 years with excellent results.