This is a set of 7 NEW 1/2" x 6" long head bolts for IH D166 D188 D236 D282 and D301 engines in IH Farmall Tractors models:
These bolts have the following specifications. These are the best replacement head bolts for D188, D236, D282 and D301 engines that I have found. I have been using them in my shop for the past 8 years with excellent results.
IH D282 and D236 engines used either 7 short bolts and 7 long bolts or 5 short bolts and 9 long bolts. For less confusion and convenience this sale is for 7 short (6") head bolts. Depending on your engine you may not need 2 bolts.
- 20% stronger than Grade 8
- Minimum 180,000 PSI tensile strength
- Fatigue/vibration-resistant UNJ thread design
- Exceeds SAE, ASTM and Military Grade 8 strength requirements
- 20% higher-than-normal wrenching surface for increased safety and even distribution of torque forces
- Heat-treated, quenched and tempered
- Perma Plated for superior corrosion protection
- Proprietary head marking for improved traceability
I also have the longer head bolts listed.